A bus veered off a mountain road in the northern Philippines and fell into a 500-metre deep ravine on Friday, killing at least 13 people, including a Dutch woman, officials said.
Another 31 were being treated in a hospital, said Fairlane Amungan, a provincial disaster response official. Among them was a Dutchman who was travelling with the woman from the Netherlands who died, and two children.
The crash happened in Bontoc, a resort town 280 kilometres north of Manila known for its mountainside rice terraces, said police Inspector Ramon Garcia.
The Office of Civil Defence said the bus from Manila had about 47 passengers on board. Amungan said authorities were still determining the exact number of people on the bus as they searched for more victims.
Garcia said the weather was fine at the time of the crash, and investigators were looking into mechanical problems or human error.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016