The body of a three-year-old Indian-origin boy, who mysteriously disappeared from his home in Scotland, was found Saturday as police detained his mother for the death.
Rosdeep Kular was detained for questioning after her son Mikaeel Kular’s body was found and a house in Fife, north of Edinburgh, believed to be that of her sister, was sealed by police Friday night for forensic officers to conduct a probe.
Mikaeel disappeared after he was put to bed by his 33-year-old mother at their home in Ferry Gait Crescent in Edinburgh on Wednesday night. Hundreds of local residents and volunteers had been searching for him since then.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
There was some confusion about the origin of the boy, with some reports stating he was Pakistani-origin.
“We strongly believe this to be the body of Mikaeel. A person has been detained in connection with recovery of the body and members of Mikaeel’s family have been informed of the recovery. Our thoughts and sympathies are with them at this time,” assistant chief constable Malcolm Graham said.
Police have confirmed that he had not attended Flora Stevenson Nursery since Christmas and said a “criminal act” was possible.
A neighbour told BBC that Rosdeep and her five children lived at the address until 18 months ago and Mikaeel and his twin Ashika were born while they lived at the house.
Mikaeel’s father, estranged from his mother, has also been questioned by police.