North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un strikes fear into some hearts, but photos of a Chinese street food vendor with a distinct resemblance to the Pyongyang strongman have fuelled online mirth. Chubby, with a round face and sporting Kim’s trademark side-shaved haircut, the vendor was pictured cooking skewered meat on a rusty barbecue.
Though his identity remains unknown, he works in the northeastern Chinese city of Shenyang, not far from the border with North Korea. Like Kim, the vendor has a penchant for high-buttoned jackets, and a smoking habit.
But he appears to lead a simpler existence than his powerful doppelganger – who is reported to enjoy a luxury lifestyle – and was seen at the weekend sitting on a small plastic stool, tending to his meaty wares. Thousands of Chinese Internet users commented on the images, with many referring to Kim by the nickname “Fatty the Third”, a reference to his weight as well as his inheritance of his position from his father and grandfather.
Beijing has long been Pyongyang’s closest ally, but the North’s continued nuclear programme is said to have chilled ties, and Chinese social media users often skewer the young leader with irreverent criticism. “This has got to be Fatty the Third’s brother – quick, bring him back!” wrote one user of Sina Weibo, a social media service similar to Twitter.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
China provides the bulk of North Korea’s trade and aid, and another user wrote: “Fatty the Third finally has a money-making career.” Another added: “If Kim Jong-Un saw these pictures, I’m sure he’d hire him as a body double.”