Eight suspected Islamic militants from China’s volatile Xinjiang province have been indicted for their roles in a terrorist attack at Beijing’s Tiananmen Square in October last year.
People’s Procuratorate of Urumqi, capital of Xinjiang, accused the eight of organising, leading and participating a terrorist group and endangering public security with dangerous method, state-run Xinhua news agency reported on Saturday.
The eight will stand trial at the Urumqi Intermediate People’s Court, it said.
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
Usmen Hasan, his wife Gulkiz Gini and mother Kuwanhan Reyim drove a jeep to crash into a crowd of people near the Jinshui Bridge across the moat of the iconic Forbidden City on October 28 last year.
Five people, including the three who were stated to be suicide attackers, were killed and 40 others injured.
The jeep finally crashed into a guardrail of Jinshui Bridge and the three people in the jeep died after they set gasoline inside the vehicle on fire.
The assault was the first major attack by the Xinjiang militants outside the restive province.
China alleged that East Turkistan Islamic Movement, an al-Qaeda backed group, was behind the attack. A total of eight suspects were captured in connection with the attack.