Over 52,000 people have been affected by the 5.1-magnitude earthquake which hit the border of southwest China’s Yunnan and Sichuan provinces,local authorities said on Thursday.
Some 126 aftershocks have been recorded,the largest measuring 4.4 on the Richter scale,according to a statement from the disaster relief headquarters of Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
The quake hit the border area of Rongxian County in Sichuan and Deqen and Shangri-la counties in Yunnan at 4:44 am on Wednesday,the China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
No casualties have been reported,although the quake has destroyed dozens of houses,cut off road traffic and telecommunication in two counties,affecting 52,617 residents of Yunnan,5,000 of whom have been relocated,state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More than 600 tents,1,200 quilts and 18 tonnes of grain had been sent to the disaster areas,the report said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More