Over 52,000 people have been affected by the 5.1-magnitude earthquake which hit the border of southwest China’s Yunnan and Sichuan provinces,local authorities said on Thursday.
Some 126 aftershocks have been recorded,the largest measuring 4.4 on the Richter scale,according to a statement from the disaster relief headquarters of Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
The quake hit the border area of Rongxian County in Sichuan and Deqen and Shangri-la counties in Yunnan at 4:44 am on Wednesday,the China Earthquake Networks Centre said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
No casualties have been reported,although the quake has destroyed dozens of houses,cut off road traffic and telecommunication in two counties,affecting 52,617 residents of Yunnan,5,000 of whom have been relocated,state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
More than 600 tents,1,200 quilts and 18 tonnes of grain had been sent to the disaster areas,the report said.