At least 15 people have been killed and eight others remain missing after a landslide destroyed a village in China’s southwestern Guizhou Province.
The landslide struck Yingping Village in Fuquan City on Wednesday night, injuring 22 people and toppling 77 houses in addition to those killed or missing.
Those injured have been sent to local hospitals and are in stable condition.
Efforts are on to rescue survivors from the debris as half of a 600-meter-high knoll broke free and wiped out a majority of the village at the foot of the hill, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
The local government has relocated other villagers to safer sites.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Residents said the village was occupied mainly by children and elderly when the landslide struck, as many villagers had moved to the city for work.
Relief materials, including tents, water and food, have been sent to local villagers.