The death toll in the ferry capsize in the Golachipa river in Bangladesh rose to 13 on Sunday with the recovery of five more bodies, police said.
“Divers pulled out five bodies from the river in the morning,” Officer-in-charge of Golachipa police station Fakhruddin was quoted as saying by the Daily Sun.
At least 25 passengers are still missing.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The members of Fire Service and Civil Defence and Bangladesh Coast Guard retrieved the bodies between 6:00am and 12:30pm today,” said Sayemuzzaman, chief executive officer of Galachipa union in Patuakhali district.
Meanwhile, a rescue vessel left Barisal for Golachipa to salvage the sunken ferry, officials at Patuakhali River Port said.
The ferry capsized in the river in Patuakhali district after the storm called ‘Kalboishakhi’ (nor’wester) hit Galachipa area on Saturday.
Local residents said nearly a dozen people managed to swim ashore while the fire service, police and local residents launched a campaign with boats in search of the missing.