The US should elect a woman as president “as soon as possible” and the country is ready for it, First Lady Michelle Obama has said.
Her remarks come at a time when former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is being seen as a strong 2016 presidential candidate of the Democratic Party.
“That should happen as soon as possible,” Michelle said in response to a question about when a woman should be elected to the highest office in the country.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I think this country is ready. This country is ready for anyone who can do the job. What we have learned is that the person who can do the job is — doesn’t have a particular race or gender or background or socio-economic status,” she said amidst applause at the White House Working Families Summit.
“The person who should do the job is the person who’s the most qualified. I think we have some options, don’t we?” Michelle Obama said in an apparent indirect reference to Clinton.
Following her strong answer, she was asked: “You sure you’re not getting into politics? Because that answer was really good.”
“I am positive,” Michelle replied.