The US today said it respects the territorial integrity of Pakistan and does not support independence for Balochistan.
“The United States respects the territorial integrity of Pakistan. It is not the policy of the Administration to support independence for Balochistan,” the State Department said in a written response to a question raised during its daily press briefing.
The State Department said it is aware of the comments of a Republican lawmaker from Texas, who in an interview to an American media outlet had said that the best solution to the Afghan problem would be to carve out a separate and independent Baluchistan out of Pakistan.
“Members of Congress express a wide range of views. Such comments do not in any way imply US government endorsement,” the State Department said.
Balochistan, the southwestern province of Pakistan, is wracked by Islamist violence and a long-running ethnic separatist insurgency.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016