- Day after 11 protesters killed, Madras HC stays expansion of Vedanta's Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Anti-Sterlite protests HIGHLIGHTS: Tamil Nadu govt orders suspension of internet services in Tuticorin, adjoining districts
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 25 runs, play Sunrisers Hyderabad in the second qualifier
Police in Texas say they removed a loaded handgun from a woman’s body during a cavity search.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton tells the Waco Tribune-Herald officers stopped a driver for a traffic violation late Monday and found methamphetamine inside the vehicle. A man and woman were arrested.
Swanton says while 31-year-old Ashley Cecilia Castaneda was being taken to jail, she told an officer she had a loaded .22-caliber semiautomatic handgun inside her vagina.
- US: Seven-year-old boy kills self with gun found in box with toy
- Man held for killing wife, burying body in house
- Waffle House suspect still being sought; residents on alert
- Shakurpur: 19 year old held for killing live-in partner
- Armed Ram Navami rallies: At Purulia town, video shows youth carrying handgun, VHP says ‘attempt to defame us’
- Waco gang war among bikers kill nine, injure eighteen
Swanton says officers called for a female officer, who retrieved the gun. Swanton confirmed the weapon was loaded.
Castaneda is charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Thirty-year-old Gabriel Garcia faces the same drug charge.
Both are in custody in lieu of bond. It wasn’t immediately clear if they had attorneys who could comment on their behalf.