Police in Texas say they removed a loaded handgun from a woman’s body during a cavity search.
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton tells the Waco Tribune-Herald officers stopped a driver for a traffic violation late Monday and found methamphetamine inside the vehicle. A man and woman were arrested.
Swanton says while 31-year-old Ashley Cecilia Castaneda was being taken to jail, she told an officer she had a loaded .22-caliber semiautomatic handgun inside her vagina.
- ‘Missing’ mother found dead, three held in Sitapur
- Delhi: Man killed, woman injured in suspected honour killing case
- Mumbai: Woman's body washes ashore at Juhu beach, husband held
- 13 years on, husband's skeleton found at brothel run by wife in Boisar
- Jamia student found dead in Sarojini Nagar, cops suspect suicide
- Waco gang war among bikers kill nine, injure eighteen
Swanton says officers called for a female officer, who retrieved the gun. Swanton confirmed the weapon was loaded.
Castaneda is charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Thirty-year-old Gabriel Garcia faces the same drug charge.
Both are in custody in lieu of bond. It wasn’t immediately clear if they had attorneys who could comment on their behalf.