In a bizarre incident, a Philadelphia-bound US flight was forced to make an emergency landing after a dog defecated thrice in the centre aisle making the smelly ordeal unbearable for passengers on board.
The US Airways flight 598 was delayed for about two hours in Los Angeles and when the plane finally took off for Philadelphia, the passengers settled in for what they hoped would be a routine flight, but were woken up from their sound sleep to a horrible smell emanating from the “big dog” poop last week.
“About an hour into the flight, I started smelling this terrible smell. I look up the aisle way and there’s a dog pooping right in the middle of the aisle. It’s a big dog, 3′ to 4′ tall or long, and he was just going,” passenger Steve McCall told KCTV5.
The pilot announced an emergency landing in Kansas City, Missouri as the plane had run out of paper towels and the “mess” was clogging the aisle.
Passenger Chris Law took pictures and tweeted, “So the full-sized dog that’s on my flight, well it did what dogs do & went to the bathroom when it felt like it smack dab in the middle of aisle.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The crew did their best to clean up service dog Truffles’ mess but the smell lingered in the cabin and the dog had to go again which pushed some passengers over the edge.
“A couple of people started dry-heaving, a couple of people were throwing up,” McCall said.
The crew again frantically tried to clean up the dog’s mess, but ran out of paper towels, New York Daily News reported.
The pilot decided to divert to Kansas City International Airport for a pit stop for ground crews to clean up and for the canine to take a more routine potty break.
The dog’s owner was truly remorseful, passengers said.
Passengers re-boarded the flight and continued their journey after the mess was cleared. The dog and its owner were re-booked on another flight.