The US military is developing an ‘Iron Man’ armour that may allow the wearer to walk through a stream of bullets – and the first prototypes will be ready for testing by June. Three unpowered prototypes of the so-called Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit (TALOS) and the Iron Man suit are being assembled and expected to be delivered in June, the head of US Special Operations Command said.
Navy Admiral William McRaven said the plan is to evaluate the technology with the goal of fielding a system by August 2018, ‘Defence Tech’ reported. “That suit, if done correctly, will yield a revolutionary improvement in survivability and capability for special operators,” McRaven said. The technology may include a powered exoskeleton, advanced full-body armour and situational-awareness displays.
Around 56 corporations, 16 government agencies, 13 universities and 10 national laboratories are working on the programme, McRaven said. The hope is to allow the wearer to walk through a stream of bullets. “We are already seeing astounding results of this collaboration,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls