The Obama administration has ordered tighter security measures at certain overseas airports which have direct flights to the United States. Making an announcement in this regard, the Homeland Security Secretary, Jeh Johnson did not list out such airports, but news reports said such a decision has been taken in view of the declaration of Islamic Caliphate by Islamic militants, who have gained control over parts of Syria and Iraq.
From India, New Delhi and Mumbai are the two airports having direct flights to the US. “I have directed TSA (Transportation Security Administration) to implement enhanced security measures in the coming days at certain overseas airports with direct flights to the United States. We will work to ensure these necessary steps pose as few disruptions to travelers as possible,” Johnson said.
The US is sharing recent and relevant information with its foreign allies and are consulting the aviation industry, the Secretary said. “These communications are an important part of our commitment to providing our security partners with situational awareness about the current environment and protecting the travelling public,” Johnson said. “Aviation security includes a number of measures, both seen and unseen, informed by an evolving environment.
As always, we will continue to adjust security measures to promote aviation security without unnecessary disruptions to the traveling public,” the Homeland Security Secretary said.
“The threat of foreign fighters is a concern that we share with many counterparts in the world, whether that is Europeans or others in the Western world, where we have seen an increase in foreign fighters who have travelled to Syria and other countries in the region and returning,” State Department Spokesperson, Jen Psaki said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched