A summer sunset boat trip turned out to be no cake walk for reality TV’s “Cake Boss,” who’s thanking police and firefighters for getting his boat and passengers to safety after they were enveloped in fog in New York Harbor.
Buddy Valastro was bringing the boat back Friday evening to Jersey City, New Jersey, after a dinner excursion with friends and family, when a clear day suddenly changed.
“All of a sudden, boom! we were in a really deep fog where you couldn’t see anything,” even 5 feet ahead, he recalled by phone Saturday.
About 12 people were aboard, including about eight children, said Valastro, who stars in TLC’s “Cake Boss” and “Next Great Baker.” His Carlo’s Bakery has four locations in New Jersey.
A longtime fisherman, Valastro said he used the 32-foot (10-meter) Boston Whaler’s radar and GPS to keep going, slowly, for a time. But he was concerned that other boats might not see his. And with children aboard, “we weren’t going to take a chance,” the father of four said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
They called for help, and police and firefighters found them in the fog within 10 minutes, he said.
The Fire Department of New York says authorities were called to help the fogged-in boat around 9:30 p.m. The New York Police Department ultimately towed the boat to Jersey City.
No one was hurt, though Valastro said some of the children were a bit seasick.
“We were just a little shaken up, a little scared,” he said. But not rattled enough to stay on dry land for long.
“Actually, believe it or not, we went fishing” Saturday, he said.