A female protester has thrown a shoe at Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State while she was delivering a speech in Las Vegas, media reports said.
The woman was immediately taken into federal custody by the Secret Service.
Clinton, who is widely expected to run for the 2015 presidential elections, had to dodge as the protester hurled her footwear at her during her keynote address to the annual convention of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.
“Is that somebody throwing something at me?” Clinton asked, putting her right hand above her eyes to cut the glare of lights from the stage, Las Vegas Review Journal reported.
“Is that part of Cirque du Soleil?” she quipped amidst laughter from the audience.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“My goodness, I didn’t know that solid waste management was so controversial…Thank goodness she didn’t play softball like I did,” she said.
The Secret Service said the women, who wished not to be identified, sneaked in the auditorium with a capacity of some 1,000 people.