ROSWELL, New Mexico (AP) — A gunman opened fire Tuesday at a school in New Mexico, leaving at least two children injured before being taken into custody.
The shooting happened at Berrendo Middle School as classes were starting.
Brooke Linthicum of Eastern New Mexico Regional Medical Center said the two children were being treated, but she had no information on the type or extent of their injuries.
Roswell police say the suspected shooter was arrested, and the school was placed on lockdown. No details on the suspect were released.
Word of the shooting was posted on the Roswell Police Department’s Facebook page.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“We believe there are injuries, but to what extent we don’t know yet,” said New Mexico State Police spokesman Damyan Brown.
Roswell is perhaps best known as the site of an alleged UFO crash in 1947.