ROSWELL, New Mexico (AP) — A gunman opened fire Tuesday at a school in New Mexico, leaving at least two children injured before being taken into custody.
The shooting happened at Berrendo Middle School as classes were starting.
Brooke Linthicum of Eastern New Mexico Regional Medical Center said the two children were being treated, but she had no information on the type or extent of their injuries.
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
Roswell police say the suspected shooter was arrested, and the school was placed on lockdown. No details on the suspect were released.
Word of the shooting was posted on the Roswell Police Department’s Facebook page.
“We believe there are injuries, but to what extent we don’t know yet,” said New Mexico State Police spokesman Damyan Brown.
Roswell is perhaps best known as the site of an alleged UFO crash in 1947.