US President Barack Obama poked fun at his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, Republicans and media elites, and even mocked himself for his administration’s disastrous health care policy roll out at the annual White House Correspondents Association dinner on Sunday.
Obama, donning the role of comedian-in-chief, poked fun at himself over his signature policy initiative and refereed to the technical glitch experienced by healthcare.gov this year. “In 2008 my slogan was, ‘Yes we can.’ In 2013, it was control+alt+delete.”
Obama was at his oratorical best as he enthralled over 2,500 audiences, which included celebrities, politicians and American journalists at the WHCA’s 100th anniversary.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
First Lady Michelle Obama accompanied him to the annual tradition that has the president mocking others and himself.
The 52-year-old US President then turned to Fox news and said the TV channel would have a tough time in opposing Hillary Clinton, if she runs for 2016 presidential. “Let’s face it, Fox. You will miss me when I am gone. It will be harder to convince the American people that Hillary was born in Kenya.”
Russian President Vladimir Putin too was at the receiving end of Obama’s wit, notwithstanding the Ukraine crisis. He cracked jokes about Putin being headed for a Nobel Peace Prize. “To be fair, they give those to just about anybody these days,” said Obama, a laureate himself.
He also turned the humour on Republican party saying the opposition brought in experts to learn how to talk to women. “Both sides are doing whatever it takes to win – a ruthless game. Republicans, this is a true story.
Republicans actually brought in a group of consultants to teach their candidates how to speak to women. This is true. And I don’t know if it will work with women, but I understand that America’s teenage boys are signing up to run for the Senate in droves.