President Barack Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper have put both national pride and cases of beer on the line in a friendly wager on the Canada-U.S. Olympic hockey matches.
In what has become an Olympic tradition between the leaders, Obama and Harper announced on Twitter that they have staked a case of cold ones on the outcome of each of the women’s’ and men’s’ matchups.
“For a very brief period of time, I may not feel as warm towards Canadians as I normally do, at least until those matches are over,” Obama quipped to Harper during a leaders’ summit in Toluca, Mexico on Wednesday.
The women’s teams play for the gold medal on Thursday. Canada has won the gold three times in a row.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Canada and U.S. men’s teams face off in a semi-finals match on Friday.
In 2010, Obama delivered a case of Molson Canadian beer to Harper after Team Canada won the men’s’ gold in overtime in the Vancouver Olympics.
Their press secretaries bet on the women’s game, and Obama’s then-spokesman Robert Gibbs had to wear a Team Canada jersey to his daily briefing when he lost the wager to Harper’s then-spokesman Dimitri Soudas.