An Air India Boeing 777 flight carrying 313 people on board returned here, soon after take off, following a bird hit that damaged its left engine.
No one was injured in the incident in which the aircraft, operating the Mumbai-bound flight AI 144, took off from Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey, at about 4:30 pm Sunday local time.
The flight was grounded, as it landed at about 5 pm local time, due to the “loss of the port (left) engine”, after the bird hit, an AI official said.
Passengers were deplaned and provided hotel accommodation and alternative arrangement were being made by the airline to bring them back.
Men and material have been flown from Delhi to repair the damage, the official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On-board the flight were 18 passengers in business class and 274 in economy class, and rest were crew members.