An Air India Boeing 777 flight carrying 313 people on board returned here, soon after take off, following a bird hit that damaged its left engine.
No one was injured in the incident in which the aircraft, operating the Mumbai-bound flight AI 144, took off from Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey, at about 4:30 pm Sunday local time.
The flight was grounded, as it landed at about 5 pm local time, due to the “loss of the port (left) engine”, after the bird hit, an AI official said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Passengers were deplaned and provided hotel accommodation and alternative arrangement were being made by the airline to bring them back.
Men and material have been flown from Delhi to repair the damage, the official said.
On-board the flight were 18 passengers in business class and 274 in economy class, and rest were crew members.