Reflecting on fatherhood, US President Barack Obama has said that it is among the most difficult and rewarding jobs as it demands constant attention and frequent sacrifices.
“Fatherhood is among the most difficult and rewarding jobs a man can have. It demands constant attention, frequent sacrifice, and a healthy dose of patience,” Obama said in his Father’s Day proclamation.
“Even in a time when technology allows us to connect instantly with almost anyone on earth, there is no substitute for a father’s presence, care, and support”, he said.
“On Father’s Day, we show our gratitude to the men who show us how to learn, grow, and live,” said the US President. With encouragement and unconditional love, fathers guide their children and help them envision brighter futures, he said, adding that they are teachers and coaches, friends and role models for their kids.
“They instill values like hard work and integrity, and teach their kids to take responsibility for themselves and those around them. This is a task for every father – whether married or single, gay or straight, natural or adoptive – and every child deserves someone who will step up and fill this role,” Obama said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Barack and Michelle Obama have two daughters: Malia (15) and Natasha (13), also known as Sasha.
The White House is hosting an event on the occasion to explore the state of working dads.
“We are hosting an event to explore the state of working dads, including the challenges dads face balancing career and family, and how he can better support the needs of both businesses and working families,” said White House Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest.