A dead sperm whale that washed ashore on a beach in Uruguay has been hauled away by truck for burial.
The 16-meter (52.5-foot) whale was found Saturday in Carrasco, a beach in the capital of Montevideo.
Dozens of navy officials and rescuers used excavators to drag the marine mammal weighing up to 25 tons to shore.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
A crane lifted the whale’s remains onto a truck Monday. Hundreds of curious onlookers gathered to look at the animal despite an overpowering smell hanging over the beach in the residential Montevideo neighborhood.
Officials say the whale showed no signs of injuries and likely lost its bearings.
The sperm whale is the largest of the toothed whales.