In a bid to impress people of several communities residing in America, the giant soda company seems to have stoked a row over its ad.
Highlighting the ‘unique diversity’ of America, the cola company in its controversial ad has nation’s anthem sung in seven different languages – English, Spanish, Hindi, Keres, Tagalog, Senegalese French and Hebrew. But the song has not gone down well with some groups.
Allen West, an ex-Republican House member, wrote in a blog post, “The last thing any of us should want to see is a balkanised America.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
West was not petitioning for a boycott of Coca-Cola products, but argued the song should have been sung in English.
However, the advertisement has found favour with gay and LGBT community who hailed the ad saying that this is the first time that the broad acceptance for the group has been shown on television.
The ad features a gay couple along with their daughter spending good time together.
(With PTI inputs)