In a bid to impress people of several communities residing in America, the giant soda company seems to have stoked a row over its ad.
Highlighting the ‘unique diversity’ of America, the cola company in its controversial ad has nation’s anthem sung in seven different languages – English, Spanish, Hindi, Keres, Tagalog, Senegalese French and Hebrew. But the song has not gone down well with some groups.
Allen West, an ex-Republican House member, wrote in a blog post, “The last thing any of us should want to see is a balkanised America.”
West was not petitioning for a boycott of Coca-Cola products, but argued the song should have been sung in English.
However, the advertisement has found favour with gay and LGBT community who hailed the ad saying that this is the first time that the broad acceptance for the group has been shown on television.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The ad features a gay couple along with their daughter spending good time together.
(With PTI inputs)