US Vice President Joe Biden has spoken with Iraq’s Prime Minister-designate Haider al-Abadi and discussed government formation among other issues, the White House said.
During a telephone call, Biden emphasised that continuing progress, under Dr Abadi’s leadership, towards forming a new
government has been critical to rallying international support for Iraq in its fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).
The Prime Minister-designate reviewed with the Vice President his ongoing efforts to form, as rapidly as possible, a government prepared to address the needs of all of Iraq’s communities once it takes office, the White House said.
Biden and Abidi also discussed the ongoing cooperation between Iraq and the US to address the security and humanitarian challenges confronting Iraq.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review