A rare honour killing: Pak woman guns down husband for sexually abusing daughter-in-law

Begum Bibi said she killed her husband because "he didn't respect family and relations".

By: PTI | Peshawar | Updated: June 4, 2017 5:26 pm

A man was shot dead in Pakistan allegedly by his wife who accused him of raping their daughter-in-law in the absence of her soldier husband, in what local media described as a “rare incident of honour killing”. Begum Bibi, who lived in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Shangla village, said she killed Gulbar Khan because “he didn’t respect family and relations”.

She claimed that Khan had been repeatedly assaulting their daughter-in-law for the past three months, the Express Tribune reported.

The rape victim’s husband, a Frontier Crops soldier, said he knew his wife’s ordeal “but due to parental respect, I couldn’t kill him, but informed my mother that I will leave home after my return” from training, the report said.

Khan was sleeping when his wife opened fire on him with a pistol with their daughter-in-law’s assistance, police said. Begum said that Khan, in the absence of their son, forced his wife into an “illicit relationship” and the practice continued for three months, the report added.

“I decided to kill him when he refused to give up his evil practice,” Begum said.

Police on Saturday produced Begum, her daughter-in-law and son before a court which remanded them to judicial custody.

For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App

1. I
    IslamForFooools
    Jun 4, 2017 at 8:25 pm
    Sec Saul immorality of Muslims is gift from their peophet mohememd
      Suresh Iyengar
      Jun 4, 2017 at 9:08 pm
      Please read Maha bharat then comment.
      1. I
        IslamForFooools
        Jun 4, 2017 at 9:45 pm
        Read my reply below you islmaofascist
        Suhan
        Jun 4, 2017 at 10:05 pm
        pl speak to Hindus in middle east.
          Suhan
          Jun 4, 2017 at 10:07 pm
          ur mother must be happy to give birth to you an 'intellectual' !
            Suhan
            Jun 4, 2017 at 10:09 pm
            Droupudi gang bang , multiple husbands!!! Seeta gang bang by Ravaana & bros!!!
            1. I
              IslamForFooools
              Jun 5, 2017 at 5:23 am
              Mohemed fked Aisha when she was 9 year old. You call him prophet and marry 9 year old children in his name. Mohemmed is biggest terrorist, Allah coward terrorist god created by mohememd to fool you.
          2. I
            IslamForFooools
            Jun 4, 2017 at 7:31 pm
            That's what their prophet teaches.
              muzafar
              Jun 4, 2017 at 8:41 pm
              Devadasi breed is talking sanity! do hindu women have respect!
              1. I
                IslamForFooools
                Jun 4, 2017 at 9:02 pm
                Kuran recommends gang bang secs( 4 women and 1 man). Isn't it ?
                1. I
                  IslamForFooools
                  Jun 4, 2017 at 9:45 pm
                  Namaz Namaz Namaz Bomb Blast.Namaz Namaz Namaz Bomb Blast.Namaz Namaz Namaz Bomb Blast.Namaz Namaz Namaz Bomb Blast. This is how Muslims work for kuran And Islam
                  Suresh Iyengar
                  Jun 4, 2017 at 9:11 pm
                  It appears that you dont know your own religion. Please watch the famous Maha bharat series from beginning to end then comment about other religions.
                  1. I
                    IslamForFooools
                    Jun 4, 2017 at 9:43 pm
                    Look s like you are islmaofascist. We Hindus don't follow law system based on Mahabharata, musselman have law system based on kuran, which recommends gang bang secs( 4 women , 1 man) isn't that p o r n recommended by religion
                    Suhan
                    Jun 4, 2017 at 10:04 pm
                    do u think your comments and abuses will make you right!!! can u change Islam? pl try. or u are trying to be an internet online hero!!
                    1. I
                      IslamForFooools
                      Jun 5, 2017 at 5:24 am
                      I speak truth. Your problem is you canot tolerate real truth about filthy Islam. Islam is not religion, its ideology of hate and violence, no Muslim country is in peace. Islam makes human subhuman
                        Suresh Iyengar
                        Jun 5, 2017 at 5:49 am
                        Did you read today's news Telengana man rapes widow and wife recorded it, a Hindu.
                    2. N