How would you feel if two robbers with machetes in hand rage into your store? Well, intimidated for sure, no second thoughts. But fear is not an option here in this case; instead like Maa Durga she charged the ‘demons’ with her weapon – a foldable steel chair!
Yes, a CCTV footage has gone viral, which shows a woman charging towards two machete-wielding thieves who tried to rob her shop in north-west England. The sight of the 56-year-old woman rushing with zeal and anger scared the robbers driving them out off the store. The elfin-video of just eight seconds have impressed everyone and Netizens are talking about her valour.
The woman identified as Hamalata Patel has owned the shop with her husband since 1984 and said she had never experienced an incident like it in her shop before. The Indian origin woman told PTI, “The shop was empty when two lads walked in holding the machetes. They were shouting at me and I just told them ‘if you need it then take it’ but one of them banged the machete on the counter and started to damage the shop so I just lost the plot.”
On enquiring how did she challenge the balaclavas-clad robbers with the chair, she said, “We have a chair that we leave out for some of our older customers so I picked it up and chased them out of the shop while I shouted at them, ‘okay, if you ask for it then you are going to get it and I’m coming for you’,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The robbers left the shop empty handed and were later arrested by the police. Patel said she feels sorry for the two teenagers who came in for the robbery but agrees they have done wrong.