It’s not often that one can associate the adjective ‘cute’ with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, but this is one of those rare exceptions. On his way back from Sumdo, over 270km from the Himachal Pradesh capital Shimla, Modi met civilians at Himachal’s Chango village, close to the Sino-Indian border. He exchanged greetings, interacted with the people there, and offered sweets to children.
“Made unscheduled stop at Chango village, close to Somdu, to wish people on Diwali. Was deeply touched by the impromptu reception & their joy,” Modi tweeted. “The Prime Minister spent time with ITBP jawans and personnel of Dogra Scouts of army at Sumdo on border of Kinnaur and Spiti, and distributed sweets to them,” an official said.
Well, part of the meet and greet with the locals in Kinnaur was a cute interaction with this Himachali kid, and the video – which was shared by news agency ANI – has been widely appreciated, both for the PM’s initiative as well as the kid’s uber adorability factor! Now, we know the PM has previously shown his affinity towards children, so it was no suprise that Modi was ecstatic while interacting with this toddler.
ANI tweeted: “#WATCH PM Narendra Modi interacting with locals in Kinnaur (Himachal Pradesh) earlier today #Diwali”.
In the video, the PM says ‘Namaste’ to the child, who promptly responds with a Namaste as well, amid much laughter from those around. An excited Modi greets the child again, who again returns the gesture, but that was probably all the attention the Prime Minister could garner, because when Modi tried to pick up the child, he was steadfastly refused by the toddler, who promptly turned away. It was only when Modi offered a sweet that the child seemed somewhat agreeable.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 30, 2016
Reactions to the video have been largely positive, with tweeple fawning over the adorable child.
What did you think of the video? Tell us in the comments below.