In the Digital Age, the axiom ‘instant fame’ has often taken a dangerous turns and gone completely wrong. Arguably, it guarantees fame and one may become an online sensation and – to some extent – even celebrities, but sometimes it comes at the cost of personal harm.
A recent video released by the CCTV of China shows a man attempting such a shortcut-to-fame stunt by consuming chilli oil! Yes, nothing but the deadly spicy oil.
Posting the video on their Facebook page, the news channel wrote, “A barbecue shop owner live-streamed himself drinking chilli oil online, to gain more viewers and promote his products.”
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The report said the live-streaming videos are a booming trend in the South Asian country and its current value in the market is estimated closely to $11 billion. No wonder this young man opted such a stunt as a marketing strategy for his products.
The video shows this man from Neijiang city, in Sichuan Province, displaying his product and then finally gulping the spicy oil – first with a big spoon and later drinking it from a glass. His extreme, dare-devil act ultimately reportedly ended with a stay in hospital for two weeks.
It seems obsession with the hot and spicy vegetable is not new and a growing trend. In August, a man taking the weirdness quotient a bit too far posted a video of himself bathing in 1250 bottles of hot chilli sauce! Likewise, last month, an American Chips and Tortillas company launched the world’s spiciest chips glazed with Carolina Reaper, the world’s hottest chilli. The company not only launched the product in boxes in shape of coffins, also dared people to take their one-chip-challenge of the hottest chip!
What do you think of such dare-devilry? Was it cool or stupid? Tell us in the comments below.