Just when you thought you couldn’t love Benedict Cumberbatch more, he goes ahead and sings one of the world’s cult rock songs with a legend like David Gilmour. And there you go falling in love with him all over again.
Cumberbitches – as his female fans call themselves – eagerly awaiting the Sherlock actor in his next avatar as Doctor Strange, as well as the final season (*get the tissues out) of the popular detective TV series. But while they wait with bated breath, it seems the actor figured he’d give his fans something else to talk about, and no one’s really complaining.
On September 28, Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour was performing at the Royal Albert Hall in London, and much to fans’ delight, he had Cumberbatch join him on stage to sing a couple of lines from ‘Comfortably Numb’, and boy was he good! Sure, there is no comparing the singing to the original by Roger Waters, Cumberbatch definitely did a splendid job.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Though, the Sherlock actor hasn’t announced any plans to release an album soon, but he has sung before. We last heard him sing the beautiful ‘Can’t Keep It Inside’ for his 2003 film August: Osage County.
Gilmour, in the meanwhile, is promoting his fourth solo album, Rattle That Lock, which released in September last year. According to reports, Gilmour – who is no stranger to working the crowd – has often invited celebrities on stage to lend their vocal stylings to Comfortably Numb, the most notable being David Bowie.
But, why don’t you watch the video for yourself and decide how well you like Benedict Cumberbatch’s singing.
Tell us what you thought of the performance in the comments below.