France might be a country that’s associated more with the emotion of love, but when it comes to anger, it seems Frenchmen are not too far behind. In a video that has recently gone viral, an angry French man walks into an Apple store in the city of Dijon and smashes several new iPhones using a petanque ball.
The man caught on camera was wearing dark glasses and carried the steel ball used in the game of boules, methodically removed display phones from their upright holders, and smashed the ball down onto the phones’ Retina HD displays, The Independent reported.
The video showed him destroying at least 12 iPhones and a MacBook, before he was caught by security.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The incident was filmed by a customer in the shop. When the man noticed that he was being filmed, he addressed the camera to explain why he was destroying the phones. “Apple is a company that violated European consumers’ rights. They refused to reimburse me,” he said.
“I told them: ‘Give me my money back’. They said no. So you know what is happening? This is happening!” he shouts, before swinging his steel ball down upon the screen of another iPhone.
Initially, the people at the store probably couldn’t fathom what was going on as he randomly went on smashing one iPhone after another, as people around him continued to just watch. The man was later arrested.
According to news reports, the collective damage to the store was around €50,000. The 3-minute video has been uploaded many times, and shared widely.