WATCH: After Manchester attack, Muslim man stands blindfolded asking for hugs; the response is overwhelming

This video is quite a tearjerker.

By: Trends Desk | New Delhi | Published:May 31, 2017 9:34 pm
Manchester attack, manchester attack video, viral video, trending video, trending globally, noori the blogger, hug video, muslims hate crimes, indian express, indian express news Baktash Noori, stood in public for hours, just to collect more hugs to gain people trust. (Source: The life of Bako/ YouTube)

Amid the horror and pain that a terrorist attacks brings with it, there are times when the true grit and spirit of humanity also rises like a phoenix, challenging all those conspiring to break the human race in the name of religion or race. One such case came about after the recent Manchester Attack, which killed 22 people and left many more injured. But days after the incident, a beautiful video surfaced on the Internet, which spreads the message of love, humanity and trust.

Posted on Youtube on May 28, the video shows a Muslim video blogger, Baktash Noori, standing blindfolded on a busy Manchester street asking for hugs from passers-by to gain their trust. The reason? He says the people of his religion face a huge backlash after every terror attack and wanted to show that they’re human too. And that not only can they be trusted, but they can trust as well. The video has successfully won millions of hearts all over the world.

ALSO READ | WATCH: Gigantic alligator dragged off from a private swimming pool

Noori stood next to a placard saying, “I’m a Muslim and I trust you. Do you trust me enough for a hug?”

He decided to shoot his ‘social experiment’on May 26, but he posted it after two days on his YouTube channel, ‘The Life of Bako.’

The video which is about 15 minutes long, has created a buzz among viewers and garnered a lot of support and love worldwide. So far, it has collected over 680,000 views in just a couple of days.

The heartfelt video footage shows people hugging this wonderful soul, Noori, one after another. The first person to approached Noori can be heard saying, “Good man. You’re not alone kid. And don’t think you’re outside.”

Then gradually, more people came forward to embrace him. At one point, there is even a queue, including children and elderly people just waiting for their turn to hug him.

“The first 30 seconds were nerve racking… but once I got that first hug with a lovely comment from that gentleman in my video, it made me feel a whole lot better,” Noori told Manchester Evening News in an interview, adding, “I did not expect so many people to come and hug me, let alone give me such positive comments, but it was the best thing I’ve ever done.”

“I love this video so much! I’m Mancunian and what happened absolutely broke my heart and as a Muslim, it brought a wave of pain, fear and anxiety. Being scared in my own home town.. but watching this video, it’s increased my hope. The amount of people, good-hearted humans that came to hug you was amazing. And it just goes to show; Manchester and its residents are beautiful, kind-hearted humans and humanity can never be broken. God bless Manchester,” one of the YouTube users, Miss Phase, commented.

The caption of the video reads, “Making this video has a been a great experience, the warmth and love i felt from each hug was truly wonderful. I want to thank the 2 guys that helped me out with this video, without them, i would not have been able to do this: Ahmad & Abdullah.”

Noori’s social media experiment has helped Manchester Community to gel together even further!

Watch the video here.

Teared up yet?

For all the latest Trending News, download Indian Express App

1. U
    usual suspect
    Jun 1, 2017 at 1:11 pm
    Every Muslman is an abductee of Islam. We must make it uncool to be a Muslim so as to bring back them into fold of humamity.
    1. I
      iasexam
      Jun 1, 2017 at 1:07 pm
      lets ume muslims and islam is bad but the rest who are criticising by their comments are also not good. the opponents comments shows how much respect they deserve.
        Dhananjay
        Jun 1, 2017 at 12:52 pm
        Apart from asking for hugs it would be better for the society if these social experimenters involve themselves constructively in deradicalising the persons who are on the path of terrorism
          mimi sur
          Jun 1, 2017 at 10:34 am
          Common tactics of thug Muslims. On one hand , they kill kafirs, other hand they show sympathy . Time to kill them. by silting their neck . Islam is dangerous to mankind.
          1. I
            IslamForFoools
            Jun 1, 2017 at 7:41 am
            Brainless non Muslims and evil media propa a is making terrorists of Allah win. Media is pure pure evil.
            1. T
              Tuhin
              Jun 1, 2017 at 12:01 pm
              I get your point, the inherent love for fellow humans as displa in this social experiment is evil but the naked hatred for humans for belonging to a religion which could even make people kill is virtue? The Islamic terrorist kills out of extreme hatred for not belonging to their religion. Now I wonder with whom are you similar?
            2. H
              harun
              May 31, 2017 at 11:35 pm
              The reality is Violence in the name of Islam ,has gone too far for anyone to have any trust in a Muslim.Those who choose to Hug him have shown exemplary good faith.That repeated ault on EU citizens by Islamic radicals has tested the patience of the locals.
              1. I
                IslamForFoools
                Jun 1, 2017 at 9:30 am
                Leave Islam, be human again, you canot be Muslim and human at the same time. Humanity an dislam are mutually exclusive. Hope your ignorant halal brain knows what mutually exclusive is
              2. N
                narahari
                May 31, 2017 at 10:57 pm
                1) Will this Muslim be nice enough to add this line to his board "I condemn my community fellow kil 22 innoncents". He won't. Have you observed how niceness always flows only from non-Muslims to Muslims, and not the other way around? 2) Backlash: 22 innocents were killed in the attack. How many were killed in the backlash? For 1400 years, Muslims have been able to commit atrocities, not only because they were malevolent, but also because non-Muslims were too nice to them, till today.
                1. J
                  jumbo
                  May 31, 2017 at 11:39 pm
                  I am a Christian...not all muslims are terrorist...there are muslims who mind their own business and ignore those pages which today terrorist picked and executing the so called infidels.. but for many my statement will not make any sense
                    Assad Yaar
                    Jun 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
                    Mr/Ms JUMBO, you are right, but thats not the matter. The so called "mind their own business muslims" would not condemn these terrorists. U just need to watch the news channels where U you can hardly find these MYOB muslims condemning these terrorists.
                    1. I
                      IslamForFoools
                      Jun 1, 2017 at 9:32 am
                      In my opinion you are more dangerous than Isis terrorist for us non Muslims, gullible, moron, non Muslim s like you must be taught lesson so thta this ghost of secularism goes away from your ignorant Brain, sham eon your very existence. You are threat to human race. You human rights shud be stripped off without any mercy and u shud be sent to Guantanamo bay prison until you die. That's how I feel about you as a non Muslim
                      1. I
                        IslamForFoools
                        Jun 1, 2017 at 9:42 am
                        Consider yourself more dumb than Down's syndrome patient, you are almost mentally ed by holding thta kind of opinion about landa musselman people ( if they are humans)
                        1. T
                          Tuhin
                          Jun 1, 2017 at 12:06 pm
                          But this ignoring of atrocities happens with people of every other religion. Except for a handful, how many condemn the kil s of Dalits and Muslims in India. Except for the left leaning sickulars and libtards, not one from the extreme Right Wing. Rather they are busy justifying the lynching with excuses such as a mob out of control or they had it coming.