It will be hard to find anyone who hasn’t grown up having heard the story of the Hare and the Tortoise from Aesop’s Fables – or at least a version of it. Aesop wrote about the race between a hare and a tortoise as far back as about 600BC, which ends with the adage that has gone on to be one of the tenets for successful people around the world: Slow and steady wins the race.
Well, in today’s fast-faced world, there are many who would simply discard this lesson as worthless. There are others – of a more questioning bent of mind – who would wonder, if a hare and a tortoise were actually put in a race, who would win. An October 8 footage, of what is apparently a pet expo in Thailand, shows just that. According to a Newshub report, a pet fair recreated the iconic race between the two animals.
The race was highly engrossing, with people cheering from across the stadium. The tortoise started off with a fair lead, only to have the hare quickly hopping past. But what followed next was uncanny. Mid-way through the path, the hare – with a rather shocked expression on its face – stood still, looking around, while the tortoise steadily went on.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Though not taking a nap or rest break as in the case of Aesop’s story, the fact that the rabbit stopped mid-way while the tortoise slowly went past was just too shocking a real-life playout of the story one has grown up listening to. Question is, did the hare finally come to his senses to win the race, or did the end match that of the story.
What did you think of this video? Tell us in the comments below.