In a stunning video that has surfaced on the internet, a diver is swimming between Europe and North American continental plates. This place, called Silfra Fissure, is located at Thingvellir National Park in Iceland and is a result of a drift between the two plates which increases by 2cm each year.
The water is crystal clear with 100 meters visibility and usually remains between 2’C- 4’C. Silfra is one of the most pristine water bodies in the world.
The video uploaded by Facebook user Hashem Al- Ghaili on December 13 has gone viral and has been shared over 500,000 times.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
That’s where Silfra is: App users click here for the map