It’s the festive season and we all want to look our stylish best, right? But why just the result, shouldn’t the technique be innovative also? Well then, this Diwali, why not get a haircut using something other than scissors — a candle! Yes you read it right. Get a cool styling done by not cutting your hair but burning them, and it’s safe, if that’s what you are worried about. Plus, it fits right in with the Diwali festivities.
Meet Dasharath of Raj Men’s Parlour, who uses candles for haircuts. The barber shop — located in the Shahabad village of Karnataka — is known for the unique technique used by the owner. Dasharath burns the edges of customer’s hair first and then cuts it in style, according to an ANI report.
The report added that he has been doing the job from the past five to six years, impressing people in the village. “Dasharath stumbled upon this style of cutting when one day electricity went off in his salon and he thought of using candle flame to cut hair,” the report said. The video shows him using a comb to position the hair strands and use a flame to burn off the extra bits.
Though the technique is not new, the video certainly has created a buzz online. Much like age-old fads making a comeback, this process which was used as far back as the medieval ages if not farther down history.
In the today’s fashion parlance, the technique is known as Velaterapia, or ‘candle-cutting’, and many hairstylists and models swear by it as it miraculously puts an end to all your split-end worries! And we don’t not who how much Dasharath charges, but according to a Daily Mail report, the technique is extremely expensive, and may cost you $150-200.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Would you like to try this? Tell us in comments below.