Back in July when Late Show host Stephen Colbert crashed the stage of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in a Hunger Games-style costume, dressed as emcee Caesar Flickerman, many had a good laugh, even lauding the comedian for his sarcastic and daring action, as he was being escorted out. The video subsequently went viral, but even then, it was thought as just a good joke.
Fast-forward to November, and Donald Trump is indeed the US President-elect, much to the the shock and horror of many. The Games satire seems a lot more real now, and even late night show hosts seem to be facing some difficulty to come to terms with what’s going on.
Recently, Trump visited US President Barack Obama at the White House for their first official meeting to kick-off a peaceful transition of power, and though the billionaire-businessman went on to say that meeting was very successful, the takeaways by the media and those constantly keeping the social media space buzzing, were quite different. From decoding of the two’s body language to a barrage of memes, there has been much to talk about, and Colbert is not one to not join in.
In a 15-minute monologue introducing the latest episode of his Late Show, Colbert pulled no punches when it came to talking about the next president, occasionally taking deep breaths to come to terms with reality.
One of the best jokes of the night was when he said referred to Trump’s much talked-about lack of experience as a bureaucrat or in the military. “Donald Trump is so privileged, the first job he ever had to apply for was the President of the United States,” he quipped. Colbert goes on to address the many names being discussed to be part of Trump’s cabinet, along with ‘the list’!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
What are your thoughts on Trump’s proposed cabinet? Tell us in the comments below.