Who doesn’t want to be with their family during celebrations? People who stay away from their loved ones owing to work, studies or other reasons, would understand how beautiful it is to have your family around you to share happiness especially during festivals. Chhath Puja is an important Hindu-Vedic traditional festival celebrated by people in worship of the Sun god. It starts on November 4, this year till November 7.
Celebrated with fervour and enthusiasm by people especially in Northern Bihar and surrounding regions, a video-song of the festival is beckoning people, away at this time, to home. A lot of people choose to give the important four-day festival a miss because of other priorities but this song might just change their minds and immediately make them miss home. It’s sung by Padma Shri Sharda Sinha whose beautiful voice is known to be almost symbolic of Chhath Puja and festivities. Listening to her latest video called ‘Pahele pahil hum kayeni chhath,’ might just well up your eyes with tears and all you’d want is to book the earliest ticket home to be with your closed ones.
The song is about how urban Biharis are straying from the elaborate four-day festival. What more, for people of other cultures, the song manages to beautifully trigger a curiosity as to how and why Chhath is celebrated. The song shows the Bihar that not many happen to know of.
Chhath puja is celebrated by people across India, but predominantly in Northern Bihar and Nepal’s Mythili region. People worship the Sun god and his wife, lovingly called Chhathi maiya by devotees. The festival is observed very rigorously and the practices include abstinence from food and water, dip in holy waters, meditating in waters for long hours, etc.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest