On September 29, the Indian Army conducted surgical strikes on seven terrorist launch pads along the Line of Control which caused “significant casualties”. The strikes took place in retaliation to the attack on Uri Army base in which 18 Indian soldiers were killed. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during hi Mann Ki Baat address and speech in Kerala, had said that the attack would not go unanswered. “Significant casualties have been caused to terrorists and those trying to shield them. We don’t have a plan to further conduct such strikes. India has spoken to Pakistan,” DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh said.
But what exactly is a surgical strike? What does it mean? What damage does it cause? All these questions are answered by actor Pallavi Joshi in her latest video titled “Surgical Strike Made Simple” which has gone viral on social media.
Though a lot of articles and videos have come out explaining what surgical strikes mean but this one’s probably the most interesting of them all because Joshi uses India’s most favourite topic Cricket to explain it and that too with a reference to India and Pakistan’s cricket team. Also featuring in her explanation are Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, and Shoaib Akhtar.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.