An elderly farmer was trampled to death by an elephant at Kashpur on March 21, 2016, the police said. The police informed that the elephant has been moving around and creating panic among the locals in the district.
The incident occurred when a herd of five elephants attacked two farmers working in the fields in the morking. While one person escaped, his brother Anil Bagdi (64) was trampled to death by one of the elephants, a police officer said.
Forest guards are trying to drive away the elephant to the nearby forest, he said. Meanwhile, one of the five elephants that killed four persons in Manteshwar police station area died when tranquiliser shots were fired at him last night, DFO Ajay Kumar Das said. Watch the video here.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
— ANI (@ANI_news) March 20, 2016