In the west, wedding toasts are a pretty big deal, especially if you’re related to the bride or the groom. Weddings toasts are supposed to be this sappy speech where most people celebrate a couple’s love. But two sisters in California took the wedding toast to a whole new level with their epic performance. A video of their “speech” has since then gone viral.
As this BuzzFeed post points out, Kelsey and Maddie Hallerman were co–maids of honour at their sister Caitlin’s wedding in June, where they delivered this unique and non-sappy toast.
- Virushka wedding: A timeline of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's 'happily ever after'
- Here's everything you need to know about Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma's wedding reception
- From Anushka Sharma's mehendi to Virat Kohli's haldi, here's a glimpse of ceremonies before Virushka tied the knot
- Shikhar Dhawan shares photo with newly wed sister, wife
- Salman Khan sings 'Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye' for his parents on their wedding anniversary, watch video
- Aashka and Brent's pre-wedding music video depicts the beauty of relationships
The sisters start by saying, “We lived in your shadow too long and now its time for us to step into the spotlight.” With that they get straight into a song medley, having re-written lyrics to songs like “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman, “Everybody” by the Backstreet Boys and “Black or White” by Michael Jackson.
The versions by the sisters include references to the love-story of their now-married sister and brother-in-law. At one point in the middle of their performance, they even say, “You think it’s over, but it’s not,” in reference to their toast. They might not be the best singers but they put on quite a performance.
Watch the video below: (App users click here for video)