In the west, wedding toasts are a pretty big deal, especially if you’re related to the bride or the groom. Weddings toasts are supposed to be this sappy speech where most people celebrate a couple’s love. But two sisters in California took the wedding toast to a whole new level with their epic performance. A video of their “speech” has since then gone viral.
As this BuzzFeed post points out, Kelsey and Maddie Hallerman were co–maids of honour at their sister Caitlin’s wedding in June, where they delivered this unique and non-sappy toast.
- VIDEO: This Malayali wedding lip dub featuring the song 'I'm A Mallu' is going viral
- Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu's wedding: Everything you should know
- Veerey Di Wedding: Sonam Kapoor is missing her 'Veerey' gang, Ekta Kapoor says friends are family
- Photos: Taimur Ali Khan is chilling like a pro on his balcony
- Aftab Shivdasani ties the knot again with Nin Dusanj: See inside pictures of the wedding
- Karisma and Kareena Kapoor are coming together on screen and we cannot hold our excitement. See photos
The sisters start by saying, “We lived in your shadow too long and now its time for us to step into the spotlight.” With that they get straight into a song medley, having re-written lyrics to songs like “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman, “Everybody” by the Backstreet Boys and “Black or White” by Michael Jackson.
The versions by the sisters include references to the love-story of their now-married sister and brother-in-law. At one point in the middle of their performance, they even say, “You think it’s over, but it’s not,” in reference to their toast. They might not be the best singers but they put on quite a performance.
Watch the video below: (App users click here for video)