In the west, wedding toasts are a pretty big deal, especially if you’re related to the bride or the groom. Weddings toasts are supposed to be this sappy speech where most people celebrate a couple’s love. But two sisters in California took the wedding toast to a whole new level with their epic performance. A video of their “speech” has since then gone viral.
As this BuzzFeed post points out, Kelsey and Maddie Hallerman were co–maids of honour at their sister Caitlin’s wedding in June, where they delivered this unique and non-sappy toast.
- Deepak Gola ki shaadi: weddings must now factor in ‘black money’
- Robert Downey Jr made Jennifer Aniston's wedding speech?
- Salman Khan's wedding gift to sister Arpita Khan: A terrace flat worth Rs 16 crore
- Beyonce, Jay Z renew wedding vows after six years of marriage
- The Brass Baraatis
- In Delhi too,they raise a toast to William and Kate
The sisters start by saying, “We lived in your shadow too long and now its time for us to step into the spotlight.” With that they get straight into a song medley, having re-written lyrics to songs like “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman, “Everybody” by the Backstreet Boys and “Black or White” by Michael Jackson.
The versions by the sisters include references to the love-story of their now-married sister and brother-in-law. At one point in the middle of their performance, they even say, “You think it’s over, but it’s not,” in reference to their toast. They might not be the best singers but they put on quite a performance.
Watch the video below: (App users click here for video)