A doctor was brutally assaulted by unidentified men in a hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur District on Sunday when a hospital ambulance failed to reach on time.
The doctor said that he was beaten by a group of men while he was attending to patients in the emergency ward of the district hospital.
- Rail bogey turned into maternity ward in Uttar Pradesh
- Unnao rape case: Here’s everything you need to know
- Unnao rape case: FIR registered against BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar, CBI to investigate
- Day after girl alleged rape by BJP MLA, her father dies in custody; four arrested
- No ambulance, hearse, UP man carries wife’s body on handcart
- Mumbai: Constable assaulted after parking row, three held
“Several unidentified men brutally started beating me and even abused me. A person even made a video of the entire incident and shared with me on Whatsapp. An FIR has been filed by the police against unknown persons,” Dr. Akhilesh Singh said.
Meanwhile, all nurses and the doctors of the district hospital have gone on a strike demanding security.
Sitapur (UP): Doctor beaten up by unidentified men when hospital ambulance failed to reach on time (20th Sep) pic.twitter.com/sbhj4ngxhi
— ANI (@ANI_news) September 21, 2015