A doctor was brutally assaulted by unidentified men in a hospital in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur District on Sunday when a hospital ambulance failed to reach on time.
The doctor said that he was beaten by a group of men while he was attending to patients in the emergency ward of the district hospital.
- Haryana rape-murder: Give culprits punishment harsher than death, says girl's father
- Mumbai bandh: A pregnant woman’s harrowing four hours to hospital
- Girl dies after ‘rape’, accused found dead next morning in Uttar Pradesh’s Gonda
- Early morning fire in Sakinaka shop kills 12 sleeping workers
- Muslim cleric, his two relatives beaten up in train in UP: FIR
- Had mistaken Operation theatre for ward: BRD doctors ‘assault’ homeguard
“Several unidentified men brutally started beating me and even abused me. A person even made a video of the entire incident and shared with me on Whatsapp. An FIR has been filed by the police against unknown persons,” Dr. Akhilesh Singh said.
Meanwhile, all nurses and the doctors of the district hospital have gone on a strike demanding security.
Sitapur (UP): Doctor beaten up by unidentified men when hospital ambulance failed to reach on time (20th Sep) pic.twitter.com/sbhj4ngxhi
— ANI (@ANI_news) September 21, 2015