A video of a 12-year-old boy in Taiwan, who accidentally punched a hole in a 17th century painting worth over a million dollars, has gone viral on the Internet.
The CCTV footage shows the boy tripping and his hand lands straight onto the painting, where he’s managed to do some serious damage. After the fall, the boy just stands there awkwardly wondering, if some punishment is coming his way soon.
According to a report on The Guardian the painting that was damaged was a 350-year-old Paolo Porpora oil canvas called Flowers, and it is valued at $1.5m.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch the video below: (App users click here for video)
Thankfully the boy’s family has not been asked to pay the damages. According to a report by Focus Taiwan News while the boy left fist-sized hole in the painting, he only damaged the bottom half of the painting.
The report adds that the organisers of the exhibition expect the “insurance company to cover restoration costs and compensate the owner of the painting.”
The painting was displayed as part of an exhibition titled “The Face of Leonardo, Images of a Genius” which had over 50 authentic paintings by artists from the Italian Renaissance period to 20th century.