If you saw the India versus New Zealand Test match recently from start to finish without blinking your eye, there is little chance that you missed Virat Kohli’s lookalike on the stands on the second day of the Test match. The camera zoomed in on him and apparently even commentator Mahesh Manjarekar thought the lookalike was Kohli himself, who had decided to meet his fans as he got out after a double century.
“It’s really great to see him go to the stand immediately after the double hundred to meet the fans. You’ve got to appreciate this. You know what. This is what makes him special,” said Manjrekar, who was quickly corrected by fellow commentator Ravi Shastri.
People obviously didn’t realise and started clicking selfies with him. Thanks to his similar style of beard and shades he wore. Even Manjrekar pointed out just how smart the man is. “The way he is looking. The glasses. The cap. He is very smart. He is covering both places,” he said. The camera simultaneously put the focus on Kohli to show the crowd that the guy wasn’t actually their hero but his fan.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
An amused Kohli smiled his way through the whole episode, enjoying himself immensely as spectators clicked selfies with and photos of his lookalike.
It’s obviously not the first time a Kohli lookalike has popped up because with the beard he keeps, anyone with the same jawline and shades can pull off his look.
Watch the video of the two from the match here.
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.