Mohammad Kaif, one of the many stalwarts of Indian cricket, recently brought his career total runs to an impressive 10,000. Currently the captain of the Chattisgarh team in the Ranjhi Trophy 2016-17, Kaif made 27 runs in the 1st runnings against the Tripura team. The 35-year-old cricketer must obviously have been overjoyed and so must have been his friends and fans who took to Twitter to congratulate him, including Virender Sehwag.
Now Virender Sehwag has earned a reputation for being the spirited and feisty batsman that he is on-field, and for being the hilarious social commentator that he is, off-field. The man’s Twitter feed will show how absolutely funny his posts are. So much so, there are people who actually wait for his tweets to appear on their feed!
Sehwag decided to congratulate Kaif on his feat and he did that in the usual ‘Sehwag way’. He tweeted: “Congrats @MohammadKaif ji, on 10,000 first-class runs.9000 to Daud Daud ke hi bhaage honge.Is pakdam pakdai ur 2nd fav sport? #MehnatiBatsman.” Sehwag did not just laud Kaif on his achievement, but also wondered if other than cricket, he loves ‘pakdam pakdai’ — one of the other all-time favourite games of little children, where they run after another to catch them.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Kaif had a befitting reply to Sehwag’s funny congratulatory tweet. He said: “Hahaha,thanks Viru. Aapki tarah Chauke Chakke Se 80% run banana, aur chakke Se 300 karna to kisi ke bas ki nahi hai.” Kaif thanked him and humbly said it was not possible for anyone to make 80 per cent of their total runs by making boundaries and sixers like Sehwag did.
Here was the friendly exchange between the two Indian cricketers.
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) October 9, 2016
Aapki tarah Chauke Chakke Se 80% run banana, aur chakke Se 300 karna to kisi ke bas ki nahi hai. http://t.co/Op9mTobdgB
— Mohammad Kaif (@MohammadKaif) October 9, 2016
And like all times, people were left in splits after Sehwag’s tweet. No doubt, the man seems to be winning it all on Twitter too!