Women across India are eagerly waiting for the moon to rise, while the men are busy deciding what to gift their wives who have been observing a fast for them. It is Karva Chauth and women are chanting prayers for the long life and safety of their husbands. Twitterati, however, is managing to have its share of the fun too. A floodgate of Karva Chauth memes have opened on the social media, with hilarious observations about the festival and the celebrants being made by the users.
From calling it the day women deposit the annual premium for their husbands’ life insurance policies to the Valentine’s day of married couples, Twitter is having a ball! And we are not complaining. After all, it is the most respectable and ‘sanskaari’ way to express your love for your husband, a thought otherwise considered a taboo in the society.
While some people have sympathised with the wives who have to “tank up a full meal at 4:30 am” on this day, others have wanted to hold 2 minutes of silence for the girl who once fasted for her boyfriend but got married to someone else!
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Yes, Twitter was savage this Karva Chauth and here’s the proof.
— Sruthi Sahasranaman (@paradoxinprowl) October 19, 2016
— Siddharth Pandey (@sidpandey) October 19, 2016
— c????? (@cursed____) October 19, 2016
— Trojan_Horse (@SampathRedDevil) October 19, 2016
— PhD in Bak***** !! (@Atheist_Krishna) October 19, 2016
— Virender Swag (@virender_swag) October 19, 2016
Wife came to me at 9AM.
Put a channi in front of my bald head.
“Now I’ve seen the moon”, and proceeded to breakfast.#KarwaChauth
— Sorabh Pant (@hankypanty) October 19, 2016
Congratulations to all husbands for renewal of their life insurance..
greeting to the ones who celebrate
— BròwñBrówñSkîñWälí (@Renukaa_rani) October 19, 2016
Breaking : Sargi-cal Strikes in all Indian houses going on right now #KarwaChauth
— Daman Singh (@sdaman_27) October 18, 2016
Cersei lannister will keep karwa chauth for jamie lannister. #KarwaChauth
— Dhamake Tweets. ???? (@Virik_RMCF) October 19, 2016
— Aru Kumar (@onlyarukumar) October 19, 2016
#KarwaChauth : The day when married women in north India tank up with a full meal at 4.30 am!
— Bharti Jain (@bhartijainTOI) October 19, 2016
— All About Women (@allabout__Women) October 19, 2016
— Sheetal Rokade (@SheetalRokade1) October 19, 2016
#KarwaChauth conglomerate in my apt. So walking around wid freshly baked cookies & mini fan around women. Everythings fair in love & Chauth
— Sumukhi Suresh (@sumukhisuresh) October 19, 2016
Do you have something similarly funny to share about Karva Chauth? Let us know in the comments section.