Women across India are eagerly waiting for the moon to rise, while the men are busy deciding what to gift their wives who have been observing a fast for them. It is Karva Chauth and women are chanting prayers for the long life and safety of their husbands. Twitterati, however, is managing to have its share of the fun too. A floodgate of Karva Chauth memes have opened on the social media, with hilarious observations about the festival and the celebrants being made by the users.
From calling it the day women deposit the annual premium for their husbands’ life insurance policies to the Valentine’s day of married couples, Twitter is having a ball! And we are not complaining. After all, it is the most respectable and ‘sanskaari’ way to express your love for your husband, a thought otherwise considered a taboo in the society.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
While some people have sympathised with the wives who have to “tank up a full meal at 4:30 am” on this day, others have wanted to hold 2 minutes of silence for the girl who once fasted for her boyfriend but got married to someone else!
Yes, Twitter was savage this Karva Chauth and here’s the proof.
— Sruthi Sahasranaman (@paradoxinprowl) October 19, 2016
— Siddharth Pandey (@sidpandey) October 19, 2016
— c????? (@cursed____) October 19, 2016
— Trojan_Horse (@SampathRedDevil) October 19, 2016
— PhD in Bak***** !! (@Atheist_Krishna) October 19, 2016
— Virender Swag (@virender_swag) October 19, 2016
Wife came to me at 9AM.
Put a channi in front of my bald head.
“Now I’ve seen the moon”, and proceeded to breakfast.#KarwaChauth
— Sorabh Pant (@hankypanty) October 19, 2016
Congratulations to all husbands for renewal of their life insurance..
greeting to the ones who celebrate
— BròwñBrówñSkîñWälí (@Renukaa_rani) October 19, 2016
Breaking : Sargi-cal Strikes in all Indian houses going on right now #KarwaChauth
— Daman Singh (@sdaman_27) October 18, 2016
Cersei lannister will keep karwa chauth for jamie lannister. #KarwaChauth
— Dhamake Tweets. ???? (@Virik_RMCF) October 19, 2016
— Aru Kumar (@onlyarukumar) October 19, 2016
#KarwaChauth : The day when married women in north India tank up with a full meal at 4.30 am!
— Bharti Jain (@bhartijainTOI) October 19, 2016
— All About Women (@allabout__Women) October 19, 2016
— Sheetal Rokade (@SheetalRokade1) October 19, 2016
#KarwaChauth conglomerate in my apt. So walking around wid freshly baked cookies & mini fan around women. Everythings fair in love & Chauth
— Sumukhi Suresh (@sumukhisuresh) October 19, 2016
Do you have something similarly funny to share about Karva Chauth? Let us know in the comments section.