So there’s a new series that’s going to air on SAB TV called Trideviyaan and the promos have started to broadcast already. The show will begin from November 15 but the plot can already be understood. It’s about three women who are living secret life as spies fighting evil in the wee hours of the night. But guess what, the three, inevitably, have to also perform the role ‘sanskari’ bahus at their respective houses.
It’s not difficult to understand why because no matter what Indian girls do, they’re expected to come back home and do the chores that daughters and daughters-in-law are ‘supposed’ to do. As soon as the Internet saw the promo, many thought just why couldn’t the girls come back to their normal life and why did they have to become the ‘typical bahus’?
And as absurd as it may sound, their weapons are actually straight out of kitchen. Interesting enough?
People are also calling it out for sexism. “Hmm. Not at all sexist. The show is about 3 secret agents… But since they are Indian women they operate out of the kitchen,” tweeted a user. “Well done PrimeTime Indian TV. The only weapon for a female assassin or spy is kitchen equipment,” tweeted another.
Hmm. Not at all sexist.
The show is about 3 secret agents… But since they are Indian women they operate out of the kitchen. pic.twitter.com/6uUxmEaa6r
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Sahil Shah (@SahilBulla) October 27, 2016
— Sharin Bhatti (@sharinbhatti) October 27, 2016
When you believe in women empowerment but have a target audience to cater to pic.twitter.com/Nvk2QET8qH
— Amogh Ranadive (@amoghranadive) October 27, 2016
Sexism aside, how does one inflict violence with an egg whisker? http://t.co/JjN0GQah3b
— Shuchi Singh Kalra (@shuchikalra) October 27, 2016
Innovative storyline because our place is *obviously* in the kitchen. http://t.co/r0vNgUW7fm
— Agratha Dinakaran (@Agratha) October 27, 2016
If a blunt haircut and rolling pin don’t scream “feminist role model” I don’t know what will. http://t.co/RFu5KRVdS8
— radhika vaz (@radvaz) October 27, 2016
What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.