Amid the ongoing tension between India and Pakistan, here’s a little boy from India who clearly remembers how he used to spend his holidays in Pakistan’s Hyderabad where his maternal side lives. He used to roam the streets with his cousins, eat good food, enjoy a game or two and come back to a family who loved him with all their heart.
In a post shared by Facebook page Humans of Bombay, this little boy explained how he used to travel to Hyderabad with his mother almost every other summer and how some of his best memories are rooted in the place. He reminisces of the time when they all used to sit to watch India-Pakistan cricket match, the two sides used to sit seperately but later come together over a meal and laugh. He also said that he wishes people could forget all the diferences and the situation was as happy as his vacation was.
Here’s what he said.
“Almost every other summer I’ve travelled to Hyderabad in Pakistan to visit my cousins. My mother’s side of the family lives there, so some of the best memories I have has been when my entire family comes together. My cousins and I play outside on the street all day and then run to get some pain puri…but you know didi, their puris are so big, they are like burgers!
Very often when we’re there, a cricket match between India and Pakistan will be going on so we will all sit on one side of the hall and my mother’s side sits on the other side. Everyone is only saying things like ‘oh that was a fluke shot!’ or now you watch ‘next ball is a wicket’ and going crazy cheering. But after everything, when the match is over and every possible comment has been made we sit together and share our food, laughing about everything under the sun. Sometimes I wish everyone could do that and forget about the differences….I wish it could be like that all the time.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.