When you talk about Mumbai weather, winter is definitely not a season that comes to mind. It has to be monsoon, which just doesn’t seem to ever end in the city. Okay, that maybe exaggeration but Mumbai is not exactly blessed with winter like Dilliwalas. All the city experiences is a few weeks, when nights and early mornings feel slightly cold and people are not sweating through the day.
Comedian and Mumbaikar Rohan Joshi felt a slight dip in the temperature and congratulated Mumbaikars on the arrival of what he calls ‘winters’. “Nothing is wet, it’s slightly cool early in the mornings and also whenever one is in the shade. Congratulations Mumbai, “winter” is here,” he tweeted (we’re not sure of the GOT reference, but sure!). But he also knows that THIS cannot exactly be called winters, a season that has started to hit parts of north India. “Bombay needs a new, unique name for the final season of the year because it isn’t really winter. If winter is a dump, what we get is a far,” he tweeted again.
He himself came up with a few names. “Winterlet, Winterish, Diet Garmi, Chhota Summer #AlternativeBombayWinterNames” he wrote and gave birth to the hashtag. In no time, people suggested new names winters in Mumbai and some of them are hilarious.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— Kautuk Srivastava (@Cowtuk) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo Les Paséna
— rvp fan (@zedchrmsm) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo i have a better one. budget thandi
— ajinkya ketkar (@ketkarajinkya) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo Upper Winter
— Mr. Peeper Number (@krazyfrog) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo Not coming.
— Rahul Lewis (@rahulDlewis) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo Green tea of winters.
— Social Shake (@social_shake) October 26, 2016
@mojorojo Four seasons in bombay – Summer Grande, Summer Rainy, Summer October, Summer Jr.
— Random Walk (@AtRandomWalk) October 26, 2016
— Soumik Sen (@bangdu) October 26, 2016
Do you have another name for Mumbai winters? Tell us in the comments below.