People go through different types of crisis in their life. If not necessarily financial, then it could be an emotional one. There are people on the brink of depression, those dissatisfied with their jobs, those dealing with lost love, and so many more. In the middle of it all, one thing they absolutely forget to focus on is their own goodness. That our goodness is something we can hold on to and which can keep leading us through the storm and out of it, is something many don’t believe in. A Delhi woman recently decided to tweet reminding people to focus on their positives and forget their pains for a while.
Naomi Clarette Barton is reportedly a 24-year-old Delhi-based marketing executive and posted a tweet recently asking people to write one nice thing about themselves in reply to her post. And Barton’s tweet garnered some interesting replies, forming a beautiful thread on the Internet.
She gave an absolutely amazing motivational speech in 140 characters to people rummaging through their Twitter feeds and made the world a better place, just like that. She wrote in her first tweet: “Quote this tweet with one thing you love about yourself so I know another thing about you that is awesome.”
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
And when she saw people were hesitant to get themselves going in the first tweet itself, she wrote this too — “Note : don’t pay attention to the part of your brain that’s saying that’s arrogant and smug and annoying. It is *healthy* to love yourself.”
Note : don’t pay attention to the part of your brain that’s saying that’s arrogant and smug and annoying. It is *healthy* to love yourself.
— Naomi Barton (@naomi0_0barton) 12 October 2016
Here are some of the replies, ranging from adorable to hilarious that Barton got.
@naomi0_0barton I always have a ready smile. A schoolmate of mine calls me ‘hasmukh’ for that.
— Ashok Lalla (@ashoklalla) 12 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton I can stick to things i believe in, most of the time.
— can u not (@badaboomtheory) 12 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton My acceptance of, and secure relationship with solitude.
(Sorry for not open-quoting; shyness acts in mysterious ways).
— Roshni Nair (@dire_nair) 12 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton I try my best to not be rude. I end up “sounding” very rude.
— B. (@BurgerrB) 12 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton I’m very easy to talk to.
— Tanya Agrawal (@tanyagrawal) 12 October 2016
Some escalated pretty quickly.
@naomi0_0barton Survivors say I have the best knife skills in class.
— Shagun (@ShagunShah) 13 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton I’m ace at no-makeup makeup.
— Richa Kaul Padte (@hirishitalkies) 12 October 2016
@naomi0_0barton I am a real life Hufflepuff :)
— archie (@Archi3Archana) 12 October 2016
My appetite http://t.co/1wZmxe7ZQB
— N. (@pruonckk) 12 October 2016
Barton’s tweet garnered popularity among the Tweeple in no time and there was a pretty long tweet thread that followed her post, as replies. It made our day! Tell us if it did yours in the comments sections below.