On November 2, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal went to meet the family of the ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal, who had committed suicide at Janpath the day before over the issue of the One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme. However, he was detained by the Delhi Police outside Lady Hardinge Hospital, where Grewal’s body had been taken for post-mortem. He was taken to the RK Puram Police Station and later released around midnight.
The reason given by the police for his detention was to avoid “disruption of health services”. They also said all the actions were taken according to law and that all the leaders were detained under Section 65 the Delhi Police Act.
Amid all the chaos, he also retweeted All India Bakchod co-founder and comedian Tanmay Bhat, when he asked people on the Internet why was Kejriwal detained? “Query: What is the exact reason for detaining Kejriwal?” he tweeted and people came up with hilarious answers.
“For giving bad movie reviews,” wrote a user. “[H]e told people he watched bang bang and kids enjoyed it. Tell me that’s not a reason enough ! All because of Dadlani !” wrote another.
And that is exactly the kind of response Bhatt wanted to spark off. Sure, there were some who thought he was genuinely curious, but the rest couldn’t resist but crack a few jokes.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
@thetanmay he told people he watched bang bang and kids enjoyed it. Tell me that’s not a reason enough ! All because of Dadlani !
— The Scatterbrain (@VishakhaJ18) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay bad movie reviews
— 🐸 (@krazyfrog) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay his existence
— Panda 🐼 (@_prejudiced) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay Disturbing the patients.
— Raj Rao (@astrolife) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay didn’t vote Modi in election.
— Amar (@Immortalizeboy) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay test drive to see how people react before full fledged operations sometime next year
— Shardul Mohite (@shardulmohite) November 2, 2016
.@thetanmay because he is Arvind Kejriwal?!
— Somu Kumar (@adivasi) November 2, 2016
@thetanmay because he did a u turn on the expressway
— Aravind Kejriival (@BipWit) November 2, 2016
Twitterati can answer savagely sometimes.