Every year, Savjibhai Dholakia gives #DiwaliBonusGoals to people across India. Much like previous years, the Surat-based businessman is gifting cars and houses to his employees yet again as Diwali bonus. According to reports, this year the owner of Hare Krishna Exporters has chosen 1,665 people, based on their annual performance.
Last year, Dholakia had reportedly given Fiat Punto cars, flats and gold jewellery to chosen employees for Diwali as well. The diamond merchant has been making headlines almost every year for his generous gifts to his company workers, which would pretty much put him towards the top of the list of employers one would want to work for.
According to a NewsX report, Hare Krishna Exporters posts an annual turnover of Rs 6,000 crore and employs around 5,500 people. Of those chosen, 400 employees will be given houses and the company will make the down-payment, along with an EMI of Rs 5,000 for five years. As many as 1,260 cars were reportedly given away and 56 were given jewellery boxes. An India Today report says that those chosen this year did not avail the the bonus last year when the company had given 491 cars, 200 houses and jewellery boxes to 1,716 of their colleagues.
Though the number of beneficiaries seems have have slightly fallen this year, the fact that the bonus is being meted out is definitely a healthy sign. A 2014 Indian Express report states that 1,200 employees were given handsome bonuses that year (Fiat Punto cars were given to 496 of them, two bedroom flats to 207 workers, and diamond studded gold jewellery to 570 workers). In 2013, Dholakia had given Chevrolet Beat cars to 72 of 100 employees who had met targets, just before Christmas, while the rest were given cash above Rs 3 lakh to pay up their home loans. Many of those who got cars, did not even know how to drive.
Talking to the Indian Express, Dholakia, who is fondly called ‘kaka’ in his firm, had said, “We don’t treat diamond polishers as employees but as family members as they hail from the same area from where we belong. We have given them gift as per their performance in the company. This will help to build competition among the diamond workers in our company and many workers will be motivated by this and they will also fix a target and will achieve it in next year. By such competition the quality of the work in our company will be improved.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More