Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has launched Samajwadi Smart Phone Yojana in which the party will be offering free smartphones to everyone above the age of 18 years who has passed class 10th. The government has launched a website wherein anyone who wishes to avail a smartphone will have to register. In its attempt to digitally develop the state, this scheme aims to keep all its beneficiaries updated. “Scheme will ensure that every segment of the society enjoys the benefits of the scheme,” official handle of CM’s office tweeted.
During the launch today in Lucknow, Yadav took a dig at Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that ‘acche din’ haven’t reached UP in the last two and a half years. Also, commenting on Modi’s ‘ravan dahan’ event scheduled to take place in Lucknow on October 11, he said, “Ravan effigy would have been burnt in Bihar if the elections were to be held there.”
Nevertheless, as soon as the scheme’s announcement reached the Internet #SamajwadiSmartPhone and #SamajwadiSmartPhoneYojana started trending on Twitter. While some joked about unavailability of electricity to charge that smartphone, some said it’s pre-poll politics. Some also pointed out the need to concentrate on more pressing needs than a smartphone.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
I beg you for #SamajwadiSmartPhone under your fantastic Samajwadi Smart Phone Yojana
Using it, I promise to tweet against Modi
— . (@ShiriishKunder) October 10, 2016
Samajwadi Smart Phone Yojana.Because Smartphone Is More Important Than Law & Order And Pathetic Infrastructure In UP. #SamajwadiSmartPhone
#SamajwadiSmartPhone can’t stop making fun of the initiative just ahead of important Assembly elections in the state early next year.
— Mohammed Furqan (@HanJamvwal) October 10, 2016
#SamajwadiSmartPhone is like
Anupam hair gel,
Salman driving school,
Sonakshi slim belt,
Deol dance academy,
Kejri health center.
— લડાકુ ભૂરાસિંગ (@kingbhavik) October 10, 2016
— Mayank (Petrol++) (@Mayankaryan084) October 10, 2016
#SamajwadiSmartPhone will be given but electricity to charge that is not included
— Hemal Jadav (@hemaljadav) October 10, 2016
— #UttarPradesh ™ (@BJPLucknowBJP) October 10, 2016
When you don’t work for 4yrs,then you have to come with Samajwadi Smart Phone Yojana kind of schemes to entice people.#SamajwadiSmartPhone
— Gaurav Pathak 🇮🇳 (@gauravpathakjnv) October 10, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.